Sugar Showpiece

This project took about 5 days to make. Started with pouring the base into a ring mold.

Then we pulled a long piece of brown sugar and cut the branches and glued them onto the base.

Next we made pulled sugar roses by pulling pieces, melting the bottom over a flame, and gluing them onto a bud.

We glued the roses onto the base, then proceeded to pull some leaves, and push them between a mold to give the veins. We glued those on as well, and pulled two colors to make ribbons. I curled them, and glued them on at variousp laces. Finally, I glued in a few pieces of isomalt.
The finished product:

Advertisements

1 Comment »

  1. sara Said:

    this is sweet brittney!!


{ RSS feed for comments on this post} · { TrackBack URI }

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: